We are ALWAYS in need of volunteers to help in the library!
Who can volunteer?
Volunteers must be at least 14 years old and be able to work independent of supervision.
When can you volunteer?
If you have been through our orientation/training you can stop in and help out at your convenience.
We try to accommodate the time you want to volunteer; however, we do need to balance it with the needs of the Library.
There are also short term opportunities, such as helping with programs.
What do volunteers do?
Volunteers do many different tasks:
- shelving and shelf reading
- processing new books
- pulling reserved items for patrons
- moving donated books
- helping with programs
- translating foreign language materials to aid in cataloging
- computer training
- shifting stacks to make room for new materials
- looking for missing items
- pulling items to “weed” or help manage the collection size
To volunteer in the library you must participate in orientation/training. This typically takes 2 visits for a total of 2 hours.
Sign up to volunteer:
Stop by the circulation desk and complete the volunteer application. After you submit your application, you will be contacted by the volunteer coordinator.